A lot of aspirants have asked me the best books to refer to for Mathematics Mains preparation. Almost all of the questions asked in the paper are solved examples from standard text-books. So it is important to identify the correct set of books for your preparation. Here I am providing the list of books which I referred to during my preparation. I was able to attempt all the questions during both my attempts.
Paper – I
- Calculus – Shanti Narayan – Course on Mathematical Analysis (S. Chand)
- Analytic Geometry – Shanti Narayan (S. Chand)
- Ordinary Differential Equations – M.D. Raisinghania (S. Chand)
- Statics – Krishna Series
- Dynamics – Krishna Series
Paper – II
- Algebra – (a) Khanna and Bhambri (b) I. N. Herstein
- Real Analysis – MD. Raisinghania – Elements of Real Analysis (S. Chand)
- Complex Analysis – Krishna Series
- Linear Programming – Krishna Series
- Partial Differential Equations– M.D. Raisinghania + (Some portion of book on Boundary Value Problem by S. Chand)
- Numerical Analysis – Jain and Iynger
- Fluid Dynamics – M.D. Raisinghania
- Mechanics – Krishna Series (Rigid Dynamics vol.-1 and Vo.-II)
For Linear Algebra and Vector Analysis, I could not find any books relevant to the exam. So I referred to Brilliant Tutorials material to practice questions.
In the next post, I will provide the detailed strategy for preparation and attempting the paper.